TRISH MCKELVEY LEADERSHIP AWARD
Open to any individual who has provided outstanding leadership in the sport and active recreation sector within the qualifying period.
– Achievements by nominees will only be considered if they have occurred during the qualifying period 12 April 2016 to 17 April 2017
– Only individual nominations will be accepted
– The nominee may be an administrator, coach, official, player, or combination of these
– Volunteers / amateurs and paid staff / professionals are eligible
– The nominee will have demonstrated leadership qualities which ‘made a difference’
– Qualities such as developing the culture of the team they are part of, building trust and relationships, modelling the team’s values and providing clear direction and purpose through their leadership are all factors which will be considered by the judges
– Nominees under consideration for the awards must be a ‘Wellingtonian’ as per the criteria (a), (b), or (c) below:
(a) Through residency in the greater Wellington region during the qualifying period
(b) Through representing the Wellington region or a Wellington based club in their chosen discipline during the qualifying period
(c) Through being commonly acknowledged as a Wellingtonian (including the Wairarapa, Kapiti, Porirua and Hutt Valley) although not regularly resident in the region due to the demands of their sporting career
Sport Wellington is pleased to announce an exciting partnership with Outward Bound New Zealand for the Trish McKelvey Leadership Award as part of the 2017 Wellington Sportsperson of the Year Awards.
This year Outward Bound is generously providing a course scholarship to the winner of this award, not only recognising their work as an outstanding leader but gifting them with an incredible opportunity to enrich and develop their skills further.
Outward Bound New Zealand is a personal adventure experience like no other. It offers learning and self-development through challenge in the outdoors, with its classrooms as the mountains, bush and waterways of the beautiful Marlborough Sounds in New Zealand. Outward Bound participants often report on the life-changing impact of the programme.
Nominations for the 2017 Trish McKelvey Leadership Award are now open and we invite you to put forward your nominations. Nominees may be administrators, coaches, officials, players or a combination of these. Volunteers, amateurs, paid staff and professionals are eligible.
The nominee will have demonstrated leadership qualities which ‘made a difference’. Qualities such as developing the culture of their team, building trust and relationships, modelling the team’s values and providing clear direction and purpose through their leadership skills are all factors to be considered by the judges.