NZCT COACH OF THE YEAR
Open to any outstanding coach within the qualifying period.
– Achievements by nominees will only be considered if they have occurred during the qualifying period 12 April 2016 to 17 April 2017
– Only individual nominations will be accepted (no teams of coaches).
– Volunteers / amateurs and paid staff / professionals are eligible
– Nominees will not have represented provinces or clubs outside the Greater Wellington Region during the judging period, where there have been opportunities to represent provinces or clubs at the same level within the Greater Wellington Region
– Performance based
– Nominees under consideration for the awards must be a ‘Wellingtonian’ as per the criteria (a), (b), or (c) below:
(a) Through residency in the greater Wellington region during the qualifying period
(b) Through representing the Wellington region or a Wellington based club in their chosen discipline during the qualifying period
(c) Through being commonly acknowledged as a Wellingtonian (including the Wairarapa, Kapiti, Porirua and Hutt Valley) although not regularly resident in the region due to the demands of their sporting career
||Kevin Smith – Golf
||Ernie Merrick – Football
||Jamie Siddons – Cricket
||Waimarama Taumaunu – Netball
||Gary Hurring – Swimming